In today's world, with such an abundance of data, it needs to be adequately protected. There are numerous threats to your organization's database, both from the outside and from within.
- Unauthorized or unintended activity by authorized or unauthorized database users, inappropriate changes to the database programs or structures or security configurations.
- Malware infections causing leakage of personal or proprietary data, deletion, interruption or denial of authorized access to the database.
- Overloads, performance constraints and capacity issues.
- Data corruption, mistakes in database or system administration processes, sabotage/criminal damage etc.
- Physical damage to database servers, electronic breakdowns/equipment failures and obsolescence.